At Watkins Uiberall, we work with our clients to navigate the complex world of state and local tax filings. State and local regulations are constantly changing which can prove difficult for any business, especially businesses operating in multiple jurisdictions. Although federal income tax planning usually receives the most attention, a critical part of tax planning is an analysis of the impact state taxes have on your business and potential savings opportunities.
Our state and local tax compliance services include:
- Preparation of State income tax returns
- Analysis of Nexus and state filing requirements
- Apportionment of income among states and related planning
- Composite vs separate return filings for nonresident owners of flow-through entities
- Identification of state and local tax credits
- Compliance with state vs federal tax law differences