Watkins Uiberall has become recognized as an industry leader in the performance of governmental audits in Memphis and the surrounding area. With over 30 years experience in this area, we have addressed and implemented some of the most challenging financial accounting and reporting revisions in our profession.
Watkins Uiberall specializes in the following:
- Financial statement audits performed under Governmental Auditing Standards
- Single Audits performed under OMB Circular A-133 and subsequently Title 2 U.S.. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Compliance audits
- Assistance with Certificate of Achievement in Excellence in Financial Reporting and awarded by the Government Finance Officers Association
- SF-SAC preparation
- Bond arbitrage calculation and reporting
- Fixed asset inventories
- Internal control review
- Numerous other special financial consulting services (agreed-upon procedures, special projects, etc.)
Governmental Audit Quality Center
Watkins Uiberall is a member of the AICPA’s Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC). The primary purpose of the Center is to promote the importance of quality governmental audits. This voluntary membership enables us to incorporate best practices and high-quality standards for audits performed under Government Auditing Standards and OMB Circular A-133.
We have proven our commitment to governmental auditing by joining the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC). The Center is a national community of CPA firms that demonstrate a commitment to governmental audit quality and raise awareness about the importance of governmental audits. The Center provides members with best practices, guidelines, and tools CPAs need to perform quality governmental audits and better serve their clients. Click on the logo below for more information.
Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting (CAFR Program)
The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Certificate Program is designed to recognize and encourage excellence in financial reporting by state and local governments. Watkins Uiberall has assisted clients in successfully receiving the Certificate of Achievement in Excellence in Financial Reporting awarded by the GFOA. Click here for more information.
Continuing Professional Education
All our governmental auditing professionals meet or exceed the continuing education requirements of the Governmental Auditing Standards.
Watkins Uiberall Sponsors Governmental CPE
Our annual Governmental CPE provides local government entities following GASB guidelines the opportunity to earn 8.0 hours of CPE while learning new pronouncements and changes in GASB and GAAP, and other current and relevant topics.